Jared Bañares is a Visual Designer based in Los Angeles, CA
Currently Lead Designer @ PaitDigital
Previous work in Digital Marketing + Brand Development.
2020 - Current | Lead Designer
- Designed and built websites for small and corporate businesses primarily on the Webflow Platform
- Wireframed and designed lo-to-hi fidelity mockups within Figma
- Developed custom CMS frameworks within Webflow
- Elevated / design Brand Development, both internally and for our clients
2018-2019 | Designer, Health + Wellness Skincare Brand
- UI / UX Designer for E-commerce platform relaunch to Shopify, assisted managing Shopify storefront, designing landing page content and custom pages.
- Design Lead for seasonal E-mail Campaigns built through Klaviyo.
- Print Designer for In-store signage and other marketing touchpoints.
- Packaging Production Designer for LATHER brand products + LATHER Hotel Customs.
The Creme Shop
2018 | Designer, K-Beauty Brand for Millenials
- Packaging Designer for TCS products and sister companies Cherry Chree and Cherimoya.
- Packaging Designer for TCS x Sanrio Collaboration.
- Environmental Designer for TCS BeautyCon 2018 Booth.
- Digital Marketing Designer across TCS social media platforms.
2015 - 2017 | Freelance Designer, Sports Marketing - Endurance Team
- Designed pitch decks and mock-ups for event sponsorships and activations.
- Identity and Environmental Designer for 2017 Alaska Airlines Bay to Breakers Marathon.
- Identity Designer for 2018 extension race -Breakers Bonus.
- Digital Marketing Designer for AAB2B, creating content acrosss major social platforms.
Social House Inc.
2015 - 2016 | Digital Designer, Social Media Agency
- Digital Marketing Designer, designed and retouched digital content with reach ranging from 10k-500k across all major social media platforms.
- Presentation Designer, designing pitch decks to potential clients and partners.
- Clientele: Sennheiser, Perricon, LORAC Cosmetics, Nextcell Medical, J Brand, 7UP Int., PURMinerals, Got2B, Smooth N' Shine, Pepsi Co.
UI / UX
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe After Effects
- Adobe InDesign
- 3D Design
00 — Why A Process?
No two projects are the same, but having a process helps a ton!
With every new client and no matter what project we're trying to tackle, we follow a process that helps guide us to success. We don't just design and send to our clients, we take the time to research competitors and design based on untaken paths.
In other words, we like to do our homework.
01 — Discovery
Discovering the who, what, where, why, and how's.
First thing's first: we have a kickoff discussion on everything that is your brand: your project/company goals, what you see your brand being, and how you see us getting there. What do you need to see in order to call the project a success? What are the possible roadblocks you foresee? What are your deadlines?
These first steps of learning about your brand are essential to starting off on the same foot.
- Goals + Objectives
- Timelines of Projects
- Target Demographics
02 — Research
Shining the light on where we can go
We've established the competition and who we want to reach.
The next step is to take a look around at different design aesthetics to see what speaks your brand's language which ultimately speaks your customer's language. We like to share 2-3 mood boards to give a taste of what you can expect for your design.
- A Discovery Deck outlining:
- Potential competitors
- Potential / Target demographic
- Persona summaries
03 — Iterate
Time to get our hands (and keyboards) dirty
Now's time for the fun part — designing!
Now that we've established the foundations, we will take everything we've discussed and begin the designing process. Sit back, relax, and let us do the designing!
- Designs / Mocks based on approved mood boards
04 — Finalize
Signed, sealed, delivered... It's yours!
At this point, we should have something substantial, something that's truly yours.
Some tweaks will be made here and there, and after our maximum 3 rounds of revisions, we will send you the high quality deliverables after final payment.
Where do you go from here? Don't fret! You'll get 30 days of additional Customer Support after concluding each project.
- Finalized Deliverables
- Handoff Guidelines
- 30 Days of Customer Support